Sunday, April 08, 2012

Black Hat and Blue & White

Hello,

My son arrived home from Uni for the mid trimester break.  He is only here for a fortnight but it's lovely to have him home even for such a short time.

City Crafters Challenge Blog has a great challenge this week (week 103).  The topic is Hats Off to You.

Supplies:  Card - Bazzill, Stamps - Flourishes, Ink - VersaColor/gold, Kaiser- pearl, brads and ribbon.

The second card for tonight is for two challenges: the sketch challenge at iSpy Sketches ISSC10 and for the colour challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges.
I liked the sketch, fairly straight forward and not too fussy and for the colours I chose blue and white with green.  I must sort out the photography because again the green is looking washed out. 

Supplies:  Card - Bazzill, Design paper - Melissa Frances, Sentiment - Hero Arts, buttons and ribbon

This week has been so busy I didn't have time to tell you about the a paper Expo I went to last Saturday.  It was the first of the Paperific Expos and was held at the Melbourne Showgrounds.  I spent an interesting afternoon checking out all the new techniques and tools.  I allowed $x and left with not even enough for coffee - so a good time was had by all.

Well that's all for now

good night

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card ... love the hat! ... just perfect for our challenge ... many thanks for playing along with us this week at CCCB ... hope you'll join us again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are pretty. I really love the hat. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is perfect for our challenge.. So elegant and pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! ! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining in with I Spy! Enjoy your visit with your son~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you kept the simplicity of the card with just the buttons :) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete