Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rock Star

I have found that taking part in challenges really does push the boundaries but it's great fun.  Today I am trying a new technique, it's faux embossing.  You use cut shapes, the same colour as the main card, and glue them in place. 

Inspiration was a little slow coming tonight but here is what I came up with.
Supplies:  Bazzill card stock, Nestabilities label Seventeen, Cuttlebug star dies, Inkadinkado Rock Star Stamp. 

I have used the colours - Charcoal, Ash and Butter.  These are colours of the current challenge at Play Date Cafe.  Here is their inspirational photo.  Isn't it pretty?
 I am entering this card in Just Us Girls  #127: Faux Embossing and also Play Date Cafe's colour challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you tied in the stars from the faux embossing with the sentiment!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look - Rock and stars! Also I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the stars! Hope you enjoyed the technique challenge! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete